Monday 20 April 2015

Grandma's Darling

     Grandma's Darling!

     It seems almost impossible that my DGD will be one this week!  Last year at this time I was busy finishing a babyblanket for her, which had been a last minute decision. I finished it and rinsed it one evening and the baby was born the next day way before the due date!
     So many things have happened in a year and now she is a smiley toddler with a will of her own. Time flies!
     The blanket I designed especially for this first Grandchild was already waiting long before. I spent a lot of time looking through stitch directories and taking notes, calculating stitch counts and finally decided to make it based on the old traditional "Frozen leaves" stich pattern which can be traced back to the 18th century. Old things continuing into new life!
     If you would like to make your own version of this design you can find it in my Ravelry shop. It is a free pattern. It has both written and charted instructions and, as always, has been testknit. You do have to sign in to ravelry I think but that is well worth it for anyone who loves knitting. It is a completely free site.
     This blanket  is called "Grandma's Darling" I am sure all Grandmas will understand just how much love goes into planning and knitting something like this for a new baby!




     I am lucky to live near enough to my DGD to see her frequently as she grows. I was many miles from my own family when my kids were small.                                                                                                                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment